1) I will actually answer questions. Voters deserve answers, not alternate talking points.
2) I will not disparage other candidates personally. Positions are fair game; candidate background deserves the Golden Rule.
3) I will not spend donor money frivolously. I am one candidate who doesn't seek public money. And private money is spent scrupulously.
4) Donations bring no favors. To any business or PAC feeling they are "buying influence" I say "buyer beware".
5) That said...donations bring access. It's a sign you are serious about improving Connecticut. However, you get no more access than a trenchant emailer who lacks money, or an assiduous campaign helper who is volunteering time instead of money.
6) No donor gets a closed meeting. A political meeting without a potential opponent listening borders on bribery. Closed doors are for the private realm: with family, friends, clients, and employees. Absent a security need, political meetings are always open.
7) There is no folding the campaign*. Donor money and volunteer passion goes to work without ceasing until November 2018. And The Resistance will continue until at least 2025.
*With four people, two Dems and two Repubs, all better than me and all campaigning for their party's nomination AND the Libertarian Party's nomination, I'd consider dropping out.
Copyright © Stewart For Liberty. All rights reserved.