1. Take out radio ads.
You can do this! Ad time is relatively inexpensive. Sacrifice five dinners out and you’ve paid for a series of ads on a small-market radio station. This is YOUR voice, which is better than mine. Mention Stewart for Liberty, Stewart for ______ (your state), or The Resistance – www.weresist.us.
2. Blog. Your words can be spread most easily when posted electronically.
3. Join us on our Final Friday Calls. You'll be fired up (politically) for the weekend! 712-770-4010 passcode 702659# at 6pm.
4. Call talk radio shows. Keep the message short. Include www.weresist.us in your sentiments.
5. Donate. This really is a distant fifth for Mr. Stewart at this time. So re-read the first four now.
Okay, for the money part……
We’d like small amounts as a show of SENTIMENT – that you’ll put $50, $20, or even $10 to show this is more than just a whimsical poll. For the Stewart campaign “broad but not deep” is effective: a large number of two-digit donations is better than a small number of 5-digit donations.
Stewart For Liberty
TD Bank Routing: 011400071
Checks: Care of Barbara Langdo, Treasurer
101 Fenn Rd
Newington, CT 06111
MC/VISA and Bitcoin may be conduits. Please call 201-850-7909
The Stewart For Liberty campaign is spending minimally right now. Yes, some donations are needed to keep us filed properly and in front of media for 2018. But we will save at least 50% of what’s donated in the early months. (See, we’re already looking out for your pocketbooks.) Fiscally prudent, socially provocative, that's any Stewart Campaign. We look forward to making history. Thank you for coming on this ride.
P.S. When asking a station for a "rate card" ask for the political rates. These are by law priced at the lowest rate a commercial advertiser is given. Consider a mix of 30 second and 60 second ads. Stations will give you the produced content for use on your own blog and for use by the candidate.
P.P.S. to keep you safe: for the radio ads, you can no longer advocate within 45 days of an election. Thank George W. Bush and the obtuse congressmen who voted for “McCain-Feingold” for eviscerating the First Amendment. Enemies of free speech can also thank Supreme Court, which has thus far declined to hear challenges to McCain-Feingold. It’s okay, within a decade, we should have a Constitutionally-alert congress that can scrap this legislation. Chief Justice Roberts seems to like when Congress legislates instead of courts.
P.P.P.S. to keep your Church safe from losing 501c(3) tax exempt status, do not advocate for a specific candidate or a specific party at gatherings or in literature. A candidate can be invited to the church to be a feature speaker. But he or she should be clearly instructed in writing that he or she: (1) Can speak only in a non-candidate capacity, (2) Not mention of the candidacy or election; and (3)not engage in any campaign activity. The event itself should have an entirely non-partisan tone. Speaking about “The Resistance”, which houses candidates from all political parties, and is a movement for bettering the earth SHOULD be okay. But invited candidates should be warned to do cross into campaign advocacy.
For certain groups; five things SOME of you can do for Liberty and/or Stewart:
11) If you are an immigrant, or identify with an immigrant group. You should form coalitions for governing your former country better. Especially for those who have fled repressive regimes, you should begin to form a “Government-in-Exile”. Meet by Skype to plan how you will run things better if given the opportunity. Conference with other American immigrants making governments in exile for other nations. You can convene in Florida or Las Vegas each year.
This is serious. America has made the world markedly better. You can propel American values. Spreading American values keeps us at peace, and brings the world more prosperity.
This includes illegal immigrants. You came to America to partake in its prosperity and freedom. Your values are good. If you can propel these values to your home country, you are doing great work, for America and for your brethren still abroad. Indeed, you are the one group for whom I grant amnesty with proof of good “spreading American values” work.
12) If you are on affiliated with a college, have Mr. Stewart attend a convocation on campus.
13) If you are a radio host anywhere in the nation, Mr. Stewart would like to call in to speak with you and your audience.
14) If you are a potential event host…hold an event with Mr. Stewart or if unavailable another Resistance candidate.
Copyright © Stewart For Liberty. All rights reserved.